Airbrush Reccomendations

What would you guys reccomend as a good airbrush for a begginner. It must be reasonably priced too.

Reply to
Paul DiTomaso

Paasche Model H-3, and buy an extra H-1 tip and nozzle so you can convert if you want to do finer work. For model work, it is a good reliable brush (single action) and cleans in about 5 minutes.

Bill Shuey

Paul DiTomaso wrote:

Reply to
William H. Shuey

I was basically a beginner when I acquired my Paasche VL. I love it; cleans easily, rugged, should last "forever"...

Cheers,

Reply to
David E. Young

I made the mistake of buying a cheap airbrush at first. I outgrew it quickly, wanted something for Luftwaffe camouflage. If that's the way you want to go, a Badger 200 or the better double action 150 is one way to go. If you need something for single color applications you can go with a cheaper brush. hth

Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

Best to hire one first

Reply to
jack

Yeah, I second that. You don't want to go too basic. If you pick up a double action airbrush, it should be all you'll need. The VL will do all sorts of camo. I bought an Iwata & like it better than my Paasche VL because I get better control, but the only reason I bought it was because I bought it privately & got a really good deal on it.

Reply to
Chris

I also have a VL, been having problems with it (factory defect apparently) and stumbling along because of inexperience, and am looking for something else. Which Iwata did you buy? I've been looking at various models online, and I like the Iwatas, particularly the HP-C, or maybe 4500 Eclipse or 4500 Revolution. Then there is an Omni T4000 that looks good. Too many choices.

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci

Reply to
Disco -- FlyNavy

I bought an Iwata Eclipse HP-BCS. It was an ECSL2001 set. It came with a couple of jars & a hose. The guy I bought it off of was a graphic artist & threw in some paint & airbrush cleaner for $100 CAD. It's nice & light & paints real thin lines. It's also very easy to control air flow & paint amount.

Reply to
Chris