Old TV series about ww2 Corsair pilots on Pacific

Hi!
I remember an very old tv series about group of Corsair pilots on Pacific during ww2. Does anybody know the title?
Thanks,
Bostjan
On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 00:48:51 +0200, Bostjan Lemut

'Baa Baa Black Sheep'
http://www.acepilots.com/misc_baa_baa.html

My "From" address is munged - click "Reply To" to respond via email.
The name was later changed to 'Black Sheep Squadron'
John
On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 00:48:51 +0200, Bostjan Lemut

'Baa Baa Black Sheep'
http://www.acepilots.com/misc_baa_baa.html

My "From" address is munged - click "Reply To" to respond via email.
"John F. Kelley" wrote:

That's what I thought when they disallowed it for the lady answering on "Jeopardy" tonight. She still left off 'squadron' so she wasn't totally correct.
Hi John, check out my new address in "Reply to:"
Bill Banaszak, MFE

Interesting coincidence today. I wondered if she was too late on the BSS answer or if she couldn't change the answer after giving the "Black Sheep" answer. Would have been interesting if she had said BSS for her original answer.

Heck, when did "Jeopardy" start asking questions I could answer. ;-)
WmB
WmB wrote:

Shirley you jest, sir. I get most of them except for those times when they ask sports or poetry questions. Of course, that's sitting here at home. Were I on TV I'd sound like Cliff Claven trying to talk to a woman. :)
Bill Banaszak, MFE
Wasn't ther also a series called "Leathernecks" (or something) And as we're talking TV here anyway; I'm still looking for the title of a B/W movie where a Northrop Alpha (or Gamma) but I think it was an Alpha, starred as a mailplane. I faintly remember the thing landing in the snow. Can somebody give me a hint?
Dennis Loep The Glueing Dutchman
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny ...'" Isaac Asimov
Dennis Loep wrote:

Flying Lethernecks: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0043547 / Lethernecks Lave Landed: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0027877 / Come On, Lethernecks: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0030005 /

You MUST have seen his time on "Jeopardy". Questions were on topics like "Beer" and "Virginity", but he blew it anyway.

Beer, Celibacy, Three Stooges, Postal Service, etc. It was a lock but Norm knew all along he was gonna blow it. Cheers,
The Keeper (of too much crap)

And he blew it with answer "name three people who have never been in my kitchen" Now, what was the question?
Allen

I think it was the original names of Lucille Ball, Tony ( Bernie Schwartz) Curtiss and...I forget the last one. Beers,
The Keeper (of too much crap)

The cleanest Corsairs in the PTO!
Craig

Bostjan Lemut wrote:

Are you thinking of the 1970's NBC series "Baa Baa Black Sheep"; about the "exploits" of Gregory ("Pappy") "You Gotta Buy My Book If You Want An Autograph" Boyington?
It starred Robert Conrad, Simon Oakland, Dana Elcar, and other future notables. In some markets, the syndicated re-run version is packaged under the title "Black Sheep Squadron".

Greg Heilers
Registered Linux user #328317 - SlackWare 9.1

you forgot to add that it's relationship to history was purely coincidental. even when it was new, i hated it's bullshit.

Somebody slap that young snot for saying it was a "very old" series.
Frank
--
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who
approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but
Maiesm72 wrote:

I experienced a similar incident. It was the 1983 IPMS Nationals in Phoenix, AZ. There was a guest speaker (unfortunately, I forget the gentleman's name), who had been an F-4 pilot in Vietnam, and spent several years as a POW. As he got up to speak, he thanked the audience for the warm applause, but being modest, he pointed out that there was, in his words, a "true hero" in the audience; whereupon he then pointed to Boyington, sitting in the third or fourth row. The audience gave Boyington a standing ovation. Minutes later, the F-4 pilot began his program. In the middle of about the 5th or 6th sentence, Boyington got up, and walked out of the room....
Class.....

Greg Heilers
Registered Linux user #328317 - SlackWare 9.1

The obit in the USNI History mag ended with "He may have been a headache but he never was a bore."