Paul Torn

I am new to this group, so if this is previously been addressed, forgive me. Some years ago, about 1996, I bought a welder from a man named Paul Torn in Austin, TX. At that time, he was closing or moving his machine shop from the location in North Austin where it had been since the 1940's. In his shop were at least two fully functional scale model steam locomotives. I don't know the scale, but they were large enough for a man to drive; perhaps 20' long including tender, 3' tall, with a track of perhaps 15"-18". IIRCC, he had made them, as well as a number of others that he had sold in the past, from the original plans which I recall he showed me. They were absolutely stunning. I believe he may have moved out of Austin to somewhere nearby. He was an older man at the time and since that was at least 10 or 12 years ago, he may have died. Does anyone know about him or what may have happened to those two locomotives?

Reply to
BFR

You would want to ask at one of the Texas area live steamer clubs. Here is a start:

Southwestern Live Steamers Inc

1414 W 51st St, Austin, TX, United States Phone: (512) 454-6544

Houston has this:

Reply to
3D

Hi!! I know this is a super late reply, but Paul Torn is my grandfather! If you have any questions, you can email me at snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com. Hopefully I can be of some help! He's still alive and doing well!

Reply to
My Grandfather