Boulton & Paul 2E2 Engine.

Had ride up to the Scottish border to have a look at an engine I had heard about some time ago. The engine was in a workshop which had fallen into dis-use through ill health. The engine had been bought 20+ years ago with a generator, but without a baseplate. Three years after buying the set from a local farmer, the current owner spots the baseplate being used on one of the same farmer's tractors as a counter balance and buys it from him. The set never got fitted to the baseplate, and the plate was leaning up against a table full of parts. There was next to no light in the workshop where the engine stood, the camera screen was black before taking a photo. I only saw the engine colour when the flash went off. Parts and equipment everywhere, quite difficult to move about in places. The propane cylinder was holding back assorted castings which were on top larger castings to block a hole where thieves had broken in, and so could not be moved. The generator was "somewhere" in the workshop but was well concealed by other equipment in case the thieves returned. As you may see, pidgeons were helping to cover everything up!!

onwards.

Regards, Dave Carter.

Reply to
D.J.Carter