Liquid piston Stirling engine

Quite a while ago (18 years [as part of my degree]) we were trying to get a liquid piston Stirling engine (no solid moving parts) working .The idea was to have it powered by solar radiation and to run an irrigation pump . However we never got it to run successfully. Was just wondering if anyone had a link to a working version . Or indeed a link to one being used

Reply to
Soup

Dear Soup:

link was down when I tried it)

and 82 more hits using AltaVista Advanced search with the boolean term: (liquid near piston) and "stirling engine"

David A. Smith

Reply to
dlzc1.cox

For me too

Thanks for these David, the one we tried to get to run had NO moving parts (not even a "rocking" action ). Maybe one doesn't exist as it was highly theoretical anyway, as I said just plain curiosity, was wondering the other night if anything ever came of it. If I learn how to post to my personal web space I would draw it and post the link (I am ***** at ascii art)

Reply to
Soup

try this one - the one at the bootm of the article has only the check valves as moving parts.

Reply to
maniacal_engineer

and in german

Reply to