Superman Returns layout

The upcoming movie Superman Returns has a spectacular train layout. It looks to be HO with a little O thrown in. Lots of high trestles
threading through a cityscape.
I'm wondering what brands of equipment the studio used. This would make for a terrific article in Model Railroader. Listening guys? I'm sure the studio would gladly impart that info, it could only boost publicity. And an auction of the locos and rolling stock would net lots of $$$$$$$$$$$, if they haven't been trashed. :(
You can see the layout online in the trailers and publicity stills and also in books and magazines on the film. Border's had several.
Here's a look:
http://media.filmforce.ign.com/media/033/033915/img_3334657.html
Oh my god...............its Malcolm Furlow in the city. Bruce

An article in MR.....yeah, that figures, no serious magazine would touch such a stooopid topic.....and MR seems intent on drving its circulation ever downward, so this would fit perfectly.....
--
Jim McLaughlin

Reply address is deliberately munged.
Jim McLaughlin wrote:

Jim McL:
A year ago I'd agree with you, but lately MR has been doing a rather good job. The July issue was the first I'd bought in years besides back issues.
Cordially yours: Gerard P.

Derailments must be interesting...
Rind wrote:
"The upcoming movie Superman Returns has a spectacular train layout.... This would make for a terrific article in Model Railroader."
No it wouldn't. Don't encourage the conehead. They publish too much crap already.
Eric
On 24 Jun 2006 02:30:21 -0700, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and
instead replied:

You know, of course, that you don't HAVE to read it. Or buy the magazine. -- Ray
Um Ray. You know that have this confidence scheme called a subscription were they take your money and then send you a set number of issues going. Many of us have bought into it. So you've already kind of bought the magazine already. So seeing as we've already bought it we'd like keep such crap like articles about this layout out of it. Keep the value of our remaining issues up.
Eric
Ray Haddad wrote:
"You know, of course, that you don't HAVE to read it. Or buy the magazine."
On 24 Jun 2006 21:57:16 -0700, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and
instead replied:

Eric,
Does that "Um" mean you're drooling? Get a grip, man. If you don't like it, show your distaste for it by writing THEM a letter, not bad mouthing them here about something they haven't even done yet. That shows a decided lack of class.
Think about it.
So, I guess my suggestion stands. You don't HAVE to read it or buy the magazine. -- Ray

Suggesting that subscriber write a letter about a layout article that may or may not get published, that the magazine never even gave a hint that they might cover in a future issue, shows a decided lack of thought and understanding.
You say he should write Model Railroader a letter to recommend not doing an article they haven't done? Think about it.
Ray -- how do you propose that the letter should be worded? I'd be interesting in seeing a sample of how you would discuss this in a letter to Kalmbach.
____ Mark
When did Superman take the layout that he returns?
-- Cheers
Roger T.

He didn't take it -- I think he got it as a gift. ____ Mark
On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 08:02:50 GMT, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

I never suggested any such thing.

I did no such thing.

I suggested he should write a letter showing his discontent with the magazine. I also noted the irony of his exasperated complaint here about an article that may or may not be done. -- Ray
Ray Haddad wrote:
"Does that "Um" mean you're drooling?"
Not it doesn't dumbass.
"Get a grip, man."
Upon what. If anyone needs a grip it's you on a book on reading for comprehension. Although maybe you might want to loosen your grip on something so the blood flows back to your brain so you can avoid posting such poorly thought out posts
"If you don't like it, show your distaste for it by writing THEM a letter,"
Write them a letter about what? They haven't done an article on this stupid layout. Duh!
"not bad mouthing them here about something they haven't even done yet. That shows a decided lack of class."
I was referring to stuff they've done in the past.
"So, I guess my suggestion stands. You don't HAVE to read it or buy the magazine."
If you're going post irrelivant quotes could please go with Dr. Suess, at least he's funny.
Eric
On 26 Jun 2006 21:53:57 -0700, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and
instead replied:

I'm not convinced. Prove it wasn't you drooling.

I was precise in my meaning. You cannot read.

"It" being the magazine you moron.

About the magazine you moron.

Then write THEM a letter instead of pouring your last brain cell out here. You weren't discussing the magazine. You chose to bleat at someone who wanted to see an article about a movie prop that happens to be a model railroad.

And you are still drooling.
"Wet cleanup in rmc! Stat!" -- Ray

Since we were clearly discussing the "Superman Returns" article in this thread, the article is the the obvious meaning of "it." If you are going to change the meaning of that, the burden is on you to clarify what you are writing about -- not just spew out vulgarities to defend your incorrect position.
On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 06:32:29 GMT, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

I changed nothing. Read my original reply on the subject. -- Ray

Yeah... you'd rather not read your message to which I replied:
> If you don't like it, show your distaste for it by writing > THEM a letter, not bad mouthing them here about > something they haven't even done yet. That shows > a decided lack of class.
On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 06:58:50 GMT, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

What did I change? -- Ray
On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 06:32:29 GMT, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

For the record, I have never used vulgar language in any of my entire Usenet activity which goes back to before it was even called Usenet. Bonehead was referring to the magazine when he advocated that they not print anything about the layout. I was responding to him and chastising him additionally for presuming they would write a bad article about the layout.
I can't help it if you can't read. -- Ray