Horizon / Athearn Returns to Local Hobby Shops (?)

Group,

I just looked at Horizon's website - expecting to be disappointed as usual - looking for Athearn products. I was wrong.

Wow, two big changes. One, there are _many_ Athearn products listed in a well done page/picture view, including (my favorite), very many pages of parts with in stock information. An online "shopping cart" like on Amazon.com, plus a "wish list." There are kits still available as well as dummy and or undecorated locos and rolling stock. Yipee!!

It seems like they are open for business, unlike the impression I and many in this newsgroup got right after Horizon bought Athearn.

And the second big change - I went to the "find a hobby shop near you" link. The last time I looked there they said there was nothing in my region. _BUT_ this time they list many hobby shops. All the ones I was aware of in the Washington DC area as well as a few that are new to me.

Has Horizon returned to the LHS? That would be a great thing. But even if they don't I'm getting my list together for some online shopping at the Horizon site. (They even stock the rubber bands for my old Hi-Fi drive locos (: )

Robert

Reply to
Robert