Athearn Parts Answer from Horizon, Sort Of

I contacted Horizon to find out how they were going to handle Athearn parts for train repair shops that are not also train/hobby retailers.

I explained that my shop was colocated with a retailer, but legally a seperate business. And that I had my own accounts with manufacturers and distributors for obtaining parts.

This is the reply I received:

"Thank you for taking the time to contact Horizon. We appreciate your support of Athearn Trains. At this time, we are evaluating the best way for us to distribute Athearn parts. We will be making this decision by March 1st. As a repair center, we expect replacement parts will still be available to you. I'll make a note and contact you as soon as we make a decision."

So I guess it's thumb twiddling time for the next couple of weeks until they figure out what they're going to do, and how they're going to do it.

-- Len Head Rust Scraper KL&B Eastern Lines RR Museum

Reply to
Len

``````` Thanks Len. Keep us posted when/if you get the "official" reply.

FYI, I cut and pasted this over to the Athearn group at Yahoo!

Regards,

Paul - "The CB&Q Guy" Peru, IL

Reply to
Paul K - The CB&Q Guy