Model poll to take your mind off politics - everyone's invited

What is the weirdest thing you'd like to see modeled. Weird in that you feel alone in wanting to see it done. It's not necessarily something you'd
want to rush out and build yourself. I don't build 1/144 airliners, but I enjoy looking at the ones built by people that do. So think wider than just what you might find on your bench.
For myself:
1) Construction equipment and diorama stuff. I know they make diecast stuff but it's just not the same. I'd like to see what could be done with some nice CAT tractors and other widgets you might see up to their axles in red clay.
2) Dead farm animals. For those military dios just begging for collateral damage.
3) The American Old West. Conestoga wagons, mule teams, cowboys, indians, cavalry, locomotives, etc.
Weird huh? Or we could just talk politics some more. ;-)
WmB

Sure, I'd like to see some vintage construction equipment in 1/48 scale. Something anyone could work into a WWII diorama.
IMEX has released some Old West/Civil War stuff. Sadly, it's in 1/72 but that's better than nothing. Cheers,
The Keeper (of too much crap!)
WmB wrote:

Not weird choices at all. Each of these things, have endless uses in other eras and genres of scale modeling...including those of any *political* topic.
:o)

--

Greg Heilers
Registered Linux user #328317 - SlackWare 10.0

You've been reading my mind (and just wait until my wife finds out - that's HER job!). I am gathering that pieces that I need for a smaller vignette built around an "O" guage (1:48 scale) very old plastic model of an American 4-4-0 locomotive and tender. The kit was made by Northwestern Hobby in the early 1950s and I recently scored a copy - almost complete - just missing one piece that I can replicate by casting a copy of one still in the box. I plan on making a Civil War armored train that I have from an old Currier & Ives print that I copied last year. It was sorta like that stuff we're seeing for the German Panzerzugs, but eighty years older. I have the figures already (military engineers in hard plastic and some old Plasticville figures) and some Woodland Scenics stuff. All I have to do is sit down and draw up the layout so I'll know how big a base I have to form.

God deliver me from that!

and alfred thayer mahan's histiries of the riverne war is amazing!

can you post that print? sounds really cool.

No problem mail me your addy via e-mail and I'll send it back to you.
I like the old west idea!
-- -- -- -- -- "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell
My Home Page: http://www.bill-woodier.com/home.htm
How about some 1/72 American fire trucks, ambulances and other emergency vehcles in injection molded styrene.
We have some great new Russian fire trucks and ambulances, WWII RAF stuff from Airfix, WWI ambulances, a handful of cast resin WWII ambulances and some modern diecasts.
I would buy several Dodge WC 54 WWII ambulances that were used by all services. Ditto bomb loaders that came in so many versions, crew buses, staff cars, etc.
Some of these have been done in resin and are most welcomed. Remember the Hasegawa modern USAF ground equipment sets? The same kind of thng for WWII would be great!!!
And last, but certainly not least: 1940 Fords!!!!! Long wheelbase, short wheelbase. Sedan (read staff car), coupe, convertible, pickup, woodie wagon, etc. This was one of the most commonly used vehicle on American bases during the war. The two chassis with the shared fenders, front end with hood and cab and rear fenders with different bodies. Drool, drool!
If I could get my hands on good plans I could arrange for cast resin models to be done for the MAI label. Anybody out there care to help?
Tom

airliners,
some
red
collateral
indians,
I'll give you weird... how abut some general aviation models like a Cessna 310, a Piper Apache, or an Ercoupe, all in the one true scale. (1/48th, of course) Now that I see it in print I realize how crazy it sounds. If it ain't got guns, what's the point? :-)
Doug Wagner
Just for kicks: '50 Studebaker Starliner, '54 Hudson Hornet, '54 Hudson Italia, '54 Kaiser Manhattan, '57 DeSoto Adventurer, Dual Ghia, '65 Chrysler 300, '80 Dodge Mirada, '37 Zephyr and sundry other antiquities.
Bill Banaszak, MFE

The Ercoupe was done by Olin, then Lindberg and finally by Peguso. They turn up on eBay from time to time. Just figure out how to make a cockpit. Otherwise, its a decent little kit. Can't help with the others, though. Sorry.

turn up

Otherwise,
I might have built one of those back in the 60's. It had no clear canopy parts. I painted an imitation canopy with gloss blue paint! Ah...the memories.
Doug Wagner
Since the Eastern Europeans are duplicating the 1960s 1/72 kit lists with close to current state of the art kits, how about a new Grumman Albatross?
Tom
How about a Grumman Mallard? What's the name of that airline that ran between Key West and Miami that flew them? Kim M
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Royabulgaf) wrote in message

He has traditionally flown to Nassau, but...
http://www.kellstransportmuseum.com/Chalks.html
pjk
The Old Timer wrote:

Olin: Man you are giving your age away bringing that one up. First plastic kit I can remember was a 1/48 Lockheed P-80 by Olin. Yes, I said P-80, not F-80. And that Ercoupe was one of my all time favorites, I had my first airplane ride in an Ercoupe, out of a little airport outside Harrisburg on the road to Hershey. I believe it is a shopping Mall now.
                            Bill Shuey
As if the world needed more shopping malls.
Steve H
"William H. Shuey" wrote:

I didn't get to fly an Ercoupe until a few years back.
The owner asked me (with a sly grin) if I was nervous. I said no. He says "Then why are you moving your feet around so much".
It s a bit of an odd feeling flying wthout usng one's feet.
Tom