MODEL SUBJECTS NEEDED POLL

Hi All, We need you help, we are looking for new subject's to model for kits. this is just going to be an informal poll. Depending on the response we will be producing several of your responses as resin and photoetch kit. The categorys are aircraft 1/48th and 1/32nd armor 1/35th and 1/16th ships scifi Please email me directly @ snipped-for-privacy@masterpiecemodels.com with your wish list if we get enough response we will produce the kit thank you for your time John

Reply to
masterpiecemodels llc

I'd say something in the true scale (1/72) and costing less than a weeks groceries...but I don't have my flame proof suit on and I don't feel like fighting alone :-P But IF you considered 1/72 I'd like an accurate Wright flyer...seems like anything else not counting things we've never heard of,has been done...

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

masterpiecemodels llc wrote in news:4112a22a$1 snipped-for-privacy@corp.newsgroups.com:

Reply to
TForward

Reply to
Matt Wiser

a 1/48 Model 209 or any early B-17 would be nice

1/32 F-111 1/32 LEM 1/32 Airacobra

Craig

Reply to
Craig

Virtually ANY sci-fi space ship, space fighter or space capital ship would be good for me. Thanks.

The Old Timer

yeah, how about a lower price, larger version of that japanese series with the Yamato space battleship.

Craig

Reply to
Craig

yeah, a 3 foot long super detailed discovery would get me cranked.

In article , TForward writes

The Airfix one is pretty much fixable, the main thing is after assembling the side engine pods use a razor saw to remove the end caps and rotate them outboard, so the flattened faces are canted about 45 degrees down from horizontal. The number of raised panels along the main fuselage outboard of the dorsal girder-work is wrong, I sanded these off but bolloxed the replacements when I built mine, donkeys years ago. The rear surfaces of the main fuselage also need added detail, which were mainly LEM components from some Saturn V kit on one of the originals. I may still have a couple of slides I took of the original effects models many years ago, if these are of any interest I'll try digitising them.

Regards,

Reply to
Moramarth

Oh *YES!!!* God help me, I'd *KILL* for an affordable 1/350 scale "Yamato"/"Argo", "Andromeda" or EDF Battleship!!! (Wish I'd thought to include them in my e-mail... :-( )

Reply to
Edwin Ross Quantrall

Now wadeaminute! I picked up a bunch of them direct from HLJ and they weren't too bad. $10 - $15 for the larger scale (1:700?) EDF ships, they also had the Cosmos Zero and the Black Tiger for that and they are about 1:72 or so. Certainly beat the old 20th Century Imports prices from back in 1980. They charged two-three times as much back then. And I won't even go into the Galatic Trade Commission prices from 1975! Talk about being over a barrel.

The Old Timer

yaknow, I just had an epiphany! With all of the crap coming at us from Boeing et al, maybe we'll see a rennaissance of original sci-fi ships, and such. Face it, no royalties or butt-kissing! Could it happen?

The Old Timer

I've already got the 1:700 scale Yamato/Argo. (The one that opens up so you can see the innards.) What I *want* is a *1/350* scale version with Tamiya-quality detail in the same $55-$70 price range. (I know it's never gonna happen; but I can dream, can't I?)

Reply to
Edwin Ross Quantrall
1/32 Blackburn Buccaneer 1/350 HMS Ark Royal IV (R09 70's fit) 1/72 C-123
Reply to
JP Wade
1/32 Blackburn Buccaneer 1/350 HMS Ark Royal IV (R09 70's fit) 1/72 C-123
Reply to
JP Wade

That would be so cool!

Let's run down some depressing reasons why it will never happen.

For the company to have the rights royalty-free and clear, they would have to buy those rights from the designer; a bit problematical from an outside artist (I doubt a Rick Sternbach, or a Vincent DiFate, or a Chris Foss would want to grant the rights in perpetuity) but may actually already be done for an internal artist -it may fall under "work for hire," the company having bought the rights to the designer's work by employing him; that's if the contract or job requirement can be interpreted to include "develop original subjects for models." It's possible such an arrangement may be equitable to both sides, but the pitfall is that the company may get us our cheap models by screwing over the employee.

That's sci-fi stuff that is only required to look good. For solid futurism, you probably need an expert (your Willy Ley, your Krafft Ehricke, your Harry Stine) to design it, or to sign off on an internal design, or agree to put his name on the box. Again, unlikely he would want to lose *his* design, but he might accept a single fee for reworking an existing design (the second option above, assuming it is not really the third option in disguise).

I wonder if any interesting subject has already fallen into the public domain.

Reply to
Jack Bohn

Moramarth wrote in news:k+ snipped-for-privacy@moramarth.demon.co.uk:

Hey, thanks for that advice. I got a couple of Hawks from ebay, one unbuilt and an already-built-but-but-crappy. The unbuilt is a personal treasure, but I don't even want to think of building it yet until my skills can do it justice. I see pics of Jim Small's Hawks and others around the net and I get goosebumps; I want my Hawk to look that good. So I wait. Same with my Eagle, it has to wait til I'm good enough to use the accurizing kit that came with it. Oh well, I'll keep building.

TF

Reply to
TForward

TForward wrote in news:0bDUc.7183$aB1.2306 @twister.socal.rr.com:

OH MY GOD! Warp just released a resin 1/72 Hawk!! It's at Federation Models.

OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!

TF

Reply to
TForward