Best Kit of 2003 goes to....

Far, far more of the old Aurora/Comet moulds met their doom at the hands of Monogram than perished in the train wreck.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

owner of a modelling shop based in Bologna, who passed away two years ago.

theirs at the age when the brand was still named "Aliplast".

Supermodel production, so there is a risk of wrecking the molds.

revitalize those kits, but Radicchi's relatives aren't supposed to give in them for free, while the ex-ESCI molds operation is very recent, and its financial cover is likely to be still too onerous to allow for other operations in the same style, while no other Italian firm seem sturdy enough to face the problem.

Thanks for the explanation. It's always a bad time for the models when non-modellers inherit an enthusiast's collections. I wonder if Squadron can't or won't step in here since they sell more of Supermodel's kits than any other US outlet.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Someone posted that Monogram re-worked the A-7, Fokker D.7, SE5 and Sopwith Camel and then gave up. They said that the old molds were of such hard steel that they were a bitch to work on and the return on investment didn't merit the expense. If that was the case, they probably either went looking for someone like Merit to unload the molds on or scrapped them.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Thank goodness for Polar Lights and the Revell name. They did get quite a few of the sci-fi/figures kits out onto the store shelves. We could only wish that they would get a wild idea and box the remaining 1/48 armor kits together in one box.

Rob Gronovius Visit my motor pool in the

gallery

Reply to
Rob Gronovius

Ditto.

Beyond to contacting the heirs, comunicating and negotiating with them in a language different from Italian could be an obstacle ;-)

-- Luca Beato -

del plastimodellismo su

Luca Beato