The OT Posters owe an apology to RMS...

...For posting all that off topic political crap!

-Bill

Repeat after me: "I am NOT humor-impaired... I am NOT humor impaired......Ha!"

Reply to
RC Boater

Well ... okay. Excusez-moi, si voul plait.

Reply to
Rob Kelk

I will never understand the inability of some people to ignore, ie. not open, an OT post. It's not like they're tied to a chair and forced to read them.

Just don't open them if they bother you.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Sort of like the other expression: "Don't feed the trolls"?

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

What? And have the SOBs post more crap. No way!

Reply to
famvburg

"Maiesm72" wrote

But Tom, there's NO WAY someone could tell a post titled "The USA owes an apology to the People of Iraq" wasn't about modeling.

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

Entschulding Sie mir, bitte. I'm not usually the type but I got carried away.

Bill Banaszak

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

This particular topic did go away some time ago but seems to have resurected itself a week or so two ago.

As someone pointed out quite some time ago, RMS is kind of like an on-line version of a gathering of modelers at a local hobby shop (I used to love going up to the old Squadron Shop in Wheaton MD on a Friday evening or Saturday afternoon). You'll find a lot of talk about models and model-related issues. However, you'll also find talk going on that's not particularly model-related but on issues that are of interest to modelers.

Think about it this way; if you were in your local hobby shop and the discussion going on did not interest you, you would walk away from that conversation and find other modelers engaging in a topic of conversation that interests you.

As you would do in an actual hobby shop, if an ongoing discussion on RMS doesn't interest you, "walk away from it" by simply not reading it. If you don't think you can fight the temptation to open it anyway (I've been goulty of this as well), use your newsgroup reader's capability to block the thread(s) that don't interest you. Then, you won't even know the ofending topic(s) are even there.

If you find a poster you don't like, again, do as you would do in your local hobby shop and just walk away from him/her. With some newsgroup readers you can't identify the poster/author without opening the post so, just block the offending author(s) in your newreader . It's easy and you can avoid the subject matter and individuals that seem to be a source of frustration to you.

"The world would be a much simpler place if every one could pick and choose their obligations, but we can't and we shouldn't." Major Charles W. Whittlesey

Reply to
Bill Woodier

"Jim" wrote

I think you'll find that this thread started in March or April, sat dormant for six months, and was recently continued by a naive youngster.

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

model-related

Reply to
Jim

This is going on in almost every well populated NG now. And yes, I can, and am one of the OT posters too...

But it just reflects the wide crossection of life.

And... the best filter is yourself. Dont read them, and you wont be bothered by them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Azzz1588

Also, since this is email, those with bugs up our butts don't get into fistfights in the model railroad aisle. Kim M

Operation American Freedom-=Where is our regime change?

Reply to
Royabulgaf

Now I understand where the discounters get their 'shopworn, slightly damaged goods'. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Some think the current political and international fiasco is more important then building models. One still likes models, and hopes to see many threads on the subject.

But people who object to the occasional OT political threads do so because their noses are full of sand, from where the have stuck their heads. I say the politics you see here are good for modelers. Makes them understand the stakes, hopefully. Then maybe they will pick out the sand and smell the roses and perhaps pick up the scent of an evil wind blowing in the land.

Vess Irvine Estes Park, Colorado

P.S. Guantanamo concentration camp interns are not allowed to build models. I PROTEST this inhumanity!

Reply to
Vess Irvine

Four more years.

WmB

WmB

A year from next week! ;-)

The Old Timer

(rest snipped)

Then maybe they will pick out the sand and smell the

You been standing downwind of the outhouse again, Vess?