Wright Flyer

For those dabbling with the model, the Dec 2003 issue of National Geographic has a right nice (pun intended) fold-out near the front that gives a nice view of the craft and the various wires/cables. Not being an 'airhead' my use of the proper term is lacking, however I'd guess that the 'X' bracing etc that Mr Shuey referred to in a recent post, shows up will in the picture.

FWIW, Nat'l Geographic has a "Build a 3D virtual" model of the flyer, a 'build-it in layers' thing you can view, kinda nifty. No need to be a subscriber to look at it either. The same link has several 3D views of several other aircraft too, incl the SR-71. That issue of the magazine has quite a large article on aircraft. Link below...

Grandpa