Spirit of St. Louis kit/plan?

Been searching on Google for a while and have not come up with much in the way of finding scale drawings or maybe at best find a kit that is around a

60 thru 1.2 (engine) size. I have a set of plans for a 1/4 scale, but think this may be a touch out of my skill/price range and would most likely be a long term project and mucho bucks. As I said, I can take sheet plans and turn it into a fairly reasonable fact simile of what the plans state but a kit would be more desirable. Thanks in advance for advice.
Reply to
Mark Daughtry, SR

The January 1979 issue of Flying Models has one, in a 93" wing span. It's listed for .40 to .71 engines, so it'd do fine on a .60. It's a really pretty model.

Their plans service has them available:

The plans themselves look detailed enough for an experienced builder to duplicate, although you may want to see if you can find a copy of the article if you want to build the plane (FM doesn't have that one in their back-issue list).

Reply to
Tim Wescott

I don't remember the size, but can be scaled to whatever you need.

Joh

-- pmpjoh

this thread:

pmpjohn

Warning - hit the "Mute" button on your keyboard before entering the site.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Thanks for the link. Googling did not turn it up. Did several searches using different variations of "spirit", "St. Louis", "plans", etc.

Reply to
Mark Daughtry, SR