1/48 Spirit of St Louis

Hello all,

I'm looking for a 1/48 kit of the Spirit of St Louis, I'v seen here that there is a "Glencoe" kit that is not of great quality, does anybody knows of another kit ?

Also, what are the 1/72 kits ?

In fact I'v found a french kit that I might buy, it looks great but rather expensive (130 euros!)

Alain

In 1:72, there was the old Frog version as well (I got mine in an AMT re-pop "Ocean Conquerors" set [Bleriot, Spirit and Southern Cross]) It had a little wider fuselage than the Hawk/Testors version, and the plastic was softer and easier to work with. I didn't make it right from the box, however, I kitbashed it back to the Ryan B-5 (I think) Brougham. Came out nice too.

The Old Timer

hehehehe - some bad ones on that site!

Reply to
The Incredible Swearing Man©

It's not all that bad. It's the old Lindberg kit (no relation to Charles) also put out as a Pegaso kit. About the only option in this scale, I think.

-John

Reply to
Pacific95

In 1/72 there is a Testors kit which dates quite far back into the '50s and was originated by Hawk. There was a kit by Frog re-released by Novo. It's nicer than the Testors and has more detail but availability is problematic.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Thanks a lot for the paper references ! I think I will do this one, I like to have various material models.

But I have bought the Blériot and Demoiselle from AJP, they really look great :

'Manche'%20-%20photo%201.htm

Alain