Just a cool picture RE St. Louis Arch

One of my daughter's teachers got this pic of me setting up Bertha for the first St. Louis Arch. What more caught my eye was daughter in the background returning a freshly recovered Estes Yellow Jacket.

IMHO, it kind of captures her enthusiasm for Model Rockets.

Out of four kids, two boys (8th, and 7th grade), and two girls (5th, and 2nd grade) she (the 5th grader) is so totally into rockets, she about can't stand it!

She'll be flying a model she built, on her first E, this weekend, and she's insisting on building her own motor...

Too cool!

OBTW, the "Van De Graaff Generator of Death" that killed my computer can be viewed at:

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

Keep her involved. I slacked off with my daughter and she discovered a new interest; boys. ;)

Neat. What's the Cd of that big round nosecone?

Was actually playing with some electrostatics today before the storms and humidity rolled in. Bumped the table and I could see something falling over off to the side of my vision. A reflex grab before I thought about it. Caught my electroscope stand as it tipped over off of a charged foil and poly cap (in paralell with a couple Leyden jars). I was forced to let go of it with extreme prejudice and proceeded to knock over the rest of the stuff on the table. Not quite the Capacitor of Death, but the Capacitor of Dang, That Smarts, at least. :)

Reply to
Gary