our buddy schumer again

Support for Scientology
Two prominent New York politicians are helping raise funds for
a controversial program with links to Scientology.
Senator Charles Schumer and Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney have
written letters heaping praise upon the New York Rescue
Detoxification Fund ? a project that has been working with
firefighters and other first-responders who have health problems
as a result of 9/11.
The letters of support have shocked some, because the group has
such close ties to to Scientology. The techniques used by the
organization are based on the teachings of science-fiction writer
and Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard, and the group has been
heavily promoted by Scientology. And last year, after health-care
professionals questioned some of the detoxification treatments,
a New York firefighters union withdrew its endorsement of the
group.
But Senator Schumer wrote a letter last month that?s being used
to help raise money for the group. ?I strongly urge you to
support the New York Rescue Detoxification Fund and wish them
all the success in their future endeavors,? Schumer wrote in a
February 6 letter that was sent to the group?s community
outreach director and is being sent to potential donors. A
similar letter was written by Congresswoman Maloney two days
earlier.
Senator Schumer?s office had no comment at press time, but a
spokesman for Maloney tells The Scoop that despite the
controversy that surrounds the program, ?she thinks that if
people who want to get out there and offer their help to
rescue workers, that?s great.?
?This group?s detoxification process is virtually identical to
the religious ritual known within Scientology as the purification
rundown,? says cult expert Rick Ross, who writes about the
controversy at CultNews.com. ?Senator Schumer and Congresswoman
Maloney now join Tom Cruise as ardent boosters and fundraisers
for Scientology through what can be seen as a thinly-veiled
program promoting its teachings.?
Reply to
Gary Crowell / VCP
I used to give scientology books as gifts to people I thought were marginal and amoral.
Jerry
:)
Nothing like a good cult :)
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
Ever read one yourself :-)
Bob Kaplow
Oh, I thought this was going to be another disheveled adult care facility opening in Brighton Beach...
Like anybody cares anyhow.
Schumer bases his entire career on ensuring votes. If the media attempts to frighten the public - which it does constantly with its fabricated drivel - Schumer's right there to quell the voting public's "fears".
Reply to
Gene
No but when I was done reading something else, I'd use the pages to complete my reading...
...if you catch my drift... :-)>

Gene
scientology books as gifts to people I thought were marginal and amoral, hoping it would help them, even though I am far beyond repair.
Reply to
default

Site Timeline