National Space Society Pushes for Rocketry Deregulation!

I received a mailing from the National Space Society yesterday with petition slips for my congresswoman & 2 senators, asking them to act to relax the new restrictions on both model and amateur rocketry. Did anyone else get these? It's also a membership drive by the NSS, but joining costs as little as $20. I was thrilled to see this and eagerly joined this group that boasts 22,000 members, including astronauts, actors and politicians. Maybe their influence can help get this stagnant bill (S.724) moving again.

Kevin

"4" Kevin Nolan Countdown Hobbies;

"3" NAR 16148 7 P.T. Barnum Square, Bethel, CT 06801-1838 "2" TRA 0943 Orders: 800-810-0281; Info: 203-790-9010 (voice/fax) "1" NARCONN/CTRA snipped-for-privacy@cs.com "0" NRHSA "Put Fun & Excitement in Your Life"

Reply to
Kevin Nolan

Veeery interesting, but apparently it had no effect as it's dated

06/11.

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

Their copy of a letter to ATFE was dated 6/11. The letter to recipients and the drive to push our legislators is new and, if everyone possible does it, may hopefully be enough force to actually get some common sense back in the regulatory arena.

Kevin

"4" Kevin Nolan Countdown Hobbies;

"3" NAR 16148 7 P.T. Barnum Square, Bethel, CT 06801-1838 "2" TRA 0943 Orders: 800-810-0281; Info: 203-790-9010 (voice/fax) "1" NARCONN/CTRA snipped-for-privacy@cs.com "0" NRHSA "Put Fun & Excitement in Your Life"

Reply to
Kevin Nolan

Wow, I didn't know that when I tossed their application. I belonged to the NSS back in the 70's, but lost interest. I thought they had turned into a starry-eyed, "let's all move to the moon" Jerry Brown-type organization, but maybe I was wrong about that.

"Kev> I received a mailing from the National Space Society yesterday with petition

Reply to
BB

Yes, and they've all had themselves castrated, too :)

Doug

Reply to
Doug Sams

Yes, I received one.

Reply to
Ed

As a long time member, I regularly get requests for funds from them. I never looked close enough to notice that this was specifically about the rocket legislation, that they were offering membership at a reduced rate of $20 (about half the normal $38 IIRC), and that it was a targeted mailing using the NAR mailing list.

IMHO, their magazine is easilly worth the $20. Join. And if you haven't sent messages to your senators, do so. Tell them to support the ORIGINAL S724, not the hatcheted shreaded alternate version.

Bob Kaplow

God bless them.

Kevin have you retried my suggestion AGAIN yet?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

:)