for anyone using 2007?

I discovered a serious problem for me with my 2006 assemblies when migrating to 2007. Contacted my support and swx are looking into it for sp2., probably another 1/2 months. The problem is concerning subassembly orientation , distance mates are realigned in the other sub assembly configs causing the orientation of parts and subassemblies to change without mate change.

its a huge problem for me because i rely on assembly and configuration management for my work. I have reverted back to 2006 until this is fixed. Any one encountered the same problem? Cheers Mo.

Reply to
mo

Sorry, but I haven't seen that yet with sp1.0. If it's an issue it will surface here soon. We had serious trouble with assembly mates, configs and multibody configs when we changed to 2003, then again with 2004 (along with prior version surface tangencies being tweaked in '04), then again with

2005, and yet again with 2006. I gave up a long time ago trying to get it resolved through support. They acknowledged the issues and we moved on. When we see the issues, we reconfig for the new version expecting that in the next version some of our assemblies would be flipped and one notorious multibody part would lose it's configs. That multibody part was nightmare. I've had support check it and acknowledge the problem but there was no solution that would stick. It's a group of extruded illuminated letters whose font was dictated by Sony. I originally made the extrudes from Sony approved artwork that was imported into a sketch. I had multiple configs to represent each letter; turning on or off bodies as required. The final letters were perfect, molds were made, products were released; all was good Seemed good at the time but in retrospect it was functionality that couldn't be trusted. Every version of Solidworks since then has misinterpreted the configs of that part forcing me to go back and recreate the dozen or so configs from scratch. Not a big deal in some regard but any assembly that used those letters would invariably show all the letters in every location of a single letter. Good from a humorous viewpoint.

When I switched to '07, half expecting the problem to be fixed (don't ask me why), I quickly confirmed that we still have the multibody issue with that legacy part but as of yet, not with assembly configs. Go figure.

- Eddy

Reply to
efhicks

Reply to
RaceBikesOrWork

Reply to
KEITH.D

yes,

not all the time though.

seems to happen after certain sw crashes.

i agree, a real mess.

i thought it was just my sloppy mates.

always fun in sw. . . keith

Reply to