need info on Galactica plastic model detail set

A company called Sub-level 3 produced a resin detail set for the Model of the Galactica. Has anyone seen this set? Does anyone know how to contact the company? I have seen a couple on ebay but they went for more than I cared to pay. I would be grateful for any help. Hub

Reply to
Hub & Diane Plott

I bought their Star Wars Star Destroyer detail set. They stopped producing resin update sets quite some time ago. If I dig through my Star Destroyer box, I know I still have the paperwork with web address inside.

Never ordered the Galactica set since the original was long OOP and the reissue came and went in the blink of an eye.

Rob Gronovius Visit my motor pool in the

gallery

Reply to
Rob Gronovius

I received this message in the mail. They appear to have some BSG stuff on sale:

December 12, 2003 Newsletter

Thanks to all of you who responded to our Hallmark Christmas Ornament sale. It's still in effect so you still have a little time to take advantage of that sale. The items are on sale on our website at scifistore.com . We're starting a special sale today for all Star Trek Playmates action figures at a whopping 50% off! We've never discounted these items so steeply and this sale will only last for 2 weeks so be sure to get your orders in. Many of these figures are in short supply and we'll fill the earliest orders first. I couldn't believe it until I made up the list but we have close to 400 different Star Trek action figures from Playmates on our website. This sale includes all

4.5", 9" and 12" figures from Playmates.

We've been successful in keeping up with your holiday orders so there's still a good chance that we can get your order to you for Christmas if you place it on-line this weekend. We watched the Battlestar Galactica Mini-Series on the Sci-Fi channel this past week and it seems that most people we've talked to liked it. They sure left it wide open for a continuing series. We probably have the largest selection of vintage Battlestar items in the country on our website. I sure hope they come up with some new merchandise for this series. We'll be watching out for new items. I'm off for more last minute shopping so I'll see you again next week.

Have a Happy Holiday!

Rob Gronovius Visit my motor pool in the

gallery

Reply to
Rob Gronovius

Hub, Was it Sub Level 3?? I thought it was Millenia that put it out along with thier other Galactica products. Federation carried them, but the point is moot since they seem to be out of stock right now. There is a detail set on Ebay right now, bidding ends on the 14th. Price got too rich for my blood, it is currently at $61.00. Go For it Buddy.

Reply to
Phil Campbell

Well, just looked, and saw only a Cylon BaseStar model kit. Thats it for models. :(

John Fleming

----------------------------------- Millennia Models International Building the future - Just a little smaller

snipped-for-privacy@coldnorth.com

Reply to
John Fleming

Sub Level 3 did do a detail set for the Galactica, but they are no longer producing it. I believe that SMT is going to be releasing it soon, or may have already. We (MMI) do sets for the Viper and figures and such.

-- John Fleming

----------------------------------- Millennia Models International Building the future - Just a little smaller

snipped-for-privacy@coldnorth.com

Reply to
John Fleming

Do you take direct orders? Federation has been out of stock for a while now. Been looking for a Viper pilot standing and Viper Launch Rails

Reply to
Phil Campbell

Sub Level 3 is where the s**t hit the fan in Aliens. :-)) Seriously the scuttlebut that has been circulating for awhile that someone else will be re-releasing it. I emailed S3 when they announced they were stopping resin production and they were out of them already. I also hear the set is not that great either but without actually seeing one I cannot make that assumption myself . Cheers, Max Bryant

Reply to
Max Bryant

of course you could just do whay the studio modelers did and raid the parts box and add some "creative gizmology" to the Galactica for added detail

Reply to
Phil Campbell