10,00o Models estate sale

Have not seen anything posted here about this so I am passing it on.

On Feb. 25 & 26 and March 4 & 5 at 100 Robeson St. in Fayetteville,NC the model estate of Ron Barbour will be sold. He was IPMS/USA member #13 and had over 10,000 unbuilt kits. Air,armor and ship models including vacs and resin. Decals,detail set all will be sold.Proceeds go to continue to pay for his mother's Alzheimer's care.Hardback books wil be $2 ea and softbounds $1.

I have no affiliation with the sale or seller but thought the word should be spread. Hub

Reply to
Hub & Diane Plott III

Sounds like any model-head types at Ft Bragg and Pope AFB could have a ball. The price on the books certainly looks good.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

Reply to
Hub & Diane Plott III

Reply to
eyeball

Reply to
Hub & Diane Plott III

Hub Thanks for the flyer...drooled over it,and showed my girlfriend.She's not a modeler but even she said that would be something to see!

Reply to
eyeball

email on the way.

lol omg how can anybody accumulate 10,000 UNBUILT kits ?? Damien.

Reply to
Ozmoddler

You wouldn't think it could be that easy but when I look at the number of kits that I have 'accumulated' in the past 20 years since I started building again (close to 1k), if I had been actually collecting on purpose the last

40 years, that number would be *much* larger.

-- Chuck Ryan Springfield OH

Reply to
Chuck Ryan

(Ozmoddler) wrote: " lol omg how can anybody accumulate 10,000 UNBUILT kits ?? =A0" =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Well , I might actually have just over 700 Kits still waiting to be built. It's easy to get them and bring them home and then paw over them and look at the crisp parts all so nice and neat on those parts trees. Yes it's really very easy to do. Especially when it is Your Hobby. I should go and take a "count" now that i'm thinking of it. Then pick out a few more to start building.

Collecting them is the Really Easy Part More so when you're a -RAMA LAMA- :)

... Carl ..........

,,,

Rama-Lama-BIG-BORG ; BORG TEMPLE N.Y. Central-Park-West ; Master Builder of blessed temple KITS ; Keeper of Secret Temple Decoder Rings & Bracelets ; Fluent-in-1st--Degree--TALK-to-the-HAND

--TEMPLE-ETTE--Guards--SIX--&--SEVEN--

The----WORLD--WIDE--WEB----is totally jam packed with thousands of people who are Destined to be nothing more then a faded weatherbeaten

---CHALK--OUTLINE--- along the---INFORMATION--SUPER--HIGHWAY---

This is My Main Modeling Page and Web-Site

And Introducing "SPOT -the- CAT"

A brief look into what is really me
Yessss , I'm the -real- "Bad Santa"

cyberborg 4000

Yikes, That sounds a little orgasmic, are you sure you are ok !!! I have about 50 kits in my stash. The only reason I have that many (and it will grow some) is that I intend to retire in about 3 years and want to build my "war chest" while I have more disposable income. I don't have to worry about my stash getting too big because at some point, my wife would just shoot me (:>

Reply to
Count DeMoney

Reply to
John DeBoo

i just restarted collecting last year and i already have over 100 kits.

Hub & Diane Plott III

My unbuilt models are small potatoes compared to what some of you have but I probably had about 500 or so. When I moved to the new house last October and I had to pack and store most of my models, a dose or reality set in.

Whereas: I'll probably not build most of the armor kits I've been lugging around and storing for the past 15 years or so;

Whereas: I'll probably not even build many of the aircraft models as well;

Whereas: The storage lockers are getting expensive;

Let it be decided that: Sometime this summer when I get the time, I'll be launching a concerted eBay campaign to divest myself of several wardrobe boxes of unbuilts in order to reduce the kit footprint to something workable enough to store in the small unfinished part of my new basement. ;~(

Reply to
Bill Woodier

Wow, now that's a stash ,bigger than hobby shops I know . I thought my friend Ray Mehlberger had a stash he has just over three thousand kits .

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

gee and I just buy one model at a time .make it a project.and build it over a few months.............lol

Reply to
Ozmoddler

Wow ! That's just Wierd . Time 4U to seek help .

noddy

Reply to
noddy

Yeah, ...right!!!

And I'm going to organize my workbench - sometime this next summer. Or should it be summer after next? :-)))

Art

Reply to
Art Murray

Heretic!!!