anyone have anything to say about edgcam?

Okay just got back from a demo of edge cam. I have been running Surfcam for the last 5 years. I see a lot of good things about edge cam. I am on the verge of buying it. So does anyone have anything they could add good or bad about the software?

Thanks Todd Anderson

Reply to
Todd Anderson

Have you looked at GibbsCam, thats what we use it came down between Mastercam and Gibbs after checking out 5 other packages including Surfcam. EdgeCam had some neat things, i just felt that Gibbs did things a little easier especially with the part transfer button , we can now transfer a part from SW with changes into Gibbs and automatically update the toolpath for geometry changes with a push of a button.

Reply to
Rocko

Yes, we looked at that one as well. After seeing edgcam I can see it has alot more strength than Gibbs.

message

Reply to
Todd Anderson

I know people have had a problem with customer support here are some better links to find machinists who use it.

Rocko

Hello,

Check out CamWorks - it's a Gold Partner 'add-in' for SolidWorks. I've enjoyed it for the last four years.

Jerry Forcier

Todd Anders>Yes, we looked at that one as well. After seeing edgcam I can see it has

Reply to
Jerry Forcier