Hobby Lobby 1/3 or 1/2 what up???

Okay earlier today someone posted that the Crystal Lake (il.) HL had the 1/2 off sale. I thought no way cause the ad and website says 1/3 off. Also I was at the Joliet store on Monday and bought two kits at 1/3rd off. Two hours ago I go to the HL in Orland park and the kits are 1/2 off even though the ad at the front says 1/3. Selection was rather poor but I didn't complain and still ended up spending 73.00! I guess it is 1/3 off but if the individual store manager says move some merch then it is 1/2 :-)) Cheers, Max Bryant

Reply to
Max Bryant

Grandpa

quit already. we ain't gone one in the SF Bay Area.....

Craig

Reply to
Craig
1/2 off in merrilville ind got the hobbycraft wildcat 1/32nd scale for 13.00 not to bad John
Reply to
Jfluck

Our local HL is pretty aggressive when it comes to dumping "outdated" stock. Although 1/3 off is what they are offering now, there are two different areas with kits marked at 1/2 off. The first time they dumped a bunch, I found 4 carts full at 2/3 off. No, I only emptied about 2 of them :-)

This is what I was told by the pretty young lady that oversees the model area. The 2-3 times a week she gets new stock, she checks most of the current inventory against her book. If there isn't a listing for a kit, it gets a 1/2 off price then and there. After that, the already discounted kits get marked down more about every 2-3 weeks. I have seen some at 90% off!

The three 1/24 scale kits have been on the shelves for almost 6 months but still no red pen, or big D on the price tag. Hopefully after Christmas, their and the Academy 1/32 F-18's time will be up and will end up in the 1/2 off (or better) pile (along with 4 PM F-86Ds, 2 Tamiya 1/48 Migs and asssorted other 1/72 WWII Tamiya kits).

Chuck Ryan snipped-for-privacy@REMOVEearthlink.net Springfield OH

Reply to
Charles Ryan

Hmmm, when ours (3 stores in Albuquerque) decide to purge stock they go for either 80% or 90% off, seriously. I've picked up several tractor trailer rigs for $3 each in the past year or two. I remember one purge they had once where they had the Omnivisor lenses, I got them for $1 each, 14 as I recall, then sold several to friends for what I paid for them - 4x, 7x and 10x as I recall. These little hummers are typically around $12-$16 each depending upon where you buy them. I love HL!!!

Reply to
Grandpa

Not bad? This is one of Hobby Lobby's price guffaw's. Sounds to me they had it priced as the Tamiya 1/48 cause I almost bought one until I saw the Hobbycraft kit. The two HL's I have been to that have them ask 49.00. So I got mine for 25.00. Cheers, Max B.

Reply to
Max Bryant

The local shops started the week at 1/3 off and ended with 1/2 off. The HC

1/32 Spitfire mismarked at $32.99 finally sold for $16.50!

Tom

Reply to
Tom Hiett

I'm ill now! I just paid 26.00 the other week! Is that niffty 114.00 Hornet on sale too...

Reply to
Scott J

The three local stores usually only have one or two of the big/medium kits out at a time. Occasionally I'll see a stack at one of the stores, like with the Dragon Wagon or the Promodler 1/32 ME 109s. No 1/32 ME 109s here since the first pile either. They seem to get the Hobbycraft Trumpter reboxed kits very quickly. Internet Coupon weeks are better times to buy than the 1/2 off sales as fewer know about them ahead of time.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Hiett