Anyone Donating Models This Year?

Just dropped off around 15 models for the Marines Toys for Tots program at my local fire department.

its one very painless, ebayless way to cull the herd of kits.

Craig

Reply to
Craig

I donated about a dozen 1/72 scale aircraft to someone who was doing a build for a Boy Scout troop.

Rob Gronovius Visit my motor pool in the

gallery

Reply to
Rob Gronovius

Several cases of appropriate books and magazines to USS Hornet and Hiller Museums after I finish sorting them and culling stuff that modelers should like.

The "to be cataloged" stack now excedes 5 ft.!

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

I sent some to Iraq.....

Al Superczynski

By the way, this is a great use for those 40 or 50% off coupons you see in the circulatrs for Michael's Arts and Craft stores. You can use the coupon to pick up a snap-tite kit for very little...

Reply to
RC Boater

I used to donate to the Toys for Tots program at a certain military academy all the time, until I discovered that the Marines stationed there who did the final collection, sorting, and delivery started going through and keeping stuff they liked and wanted to give to their kids, relatives, what have you.

'tis the season...

Reply to
Steve

I was a little concerned about sending plastic kits to the troops in Iraq due to the high temperatures during most of the year.

Solved the problem by picking up some cast metal car kits and shipped them with a couple of sets of Testor's paint for metal, a selection of gloss car colors and a packet of tools.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Not properly the same thing, my modellers' group is managing an "A century of flight" models exhibit by the headquarters of an Italian national bank as a Telethon initiative, in order to collect funds for the research against genetic diseases.

-- Luca Beato -

del plastimodellismo su

Luca Beato

flight" models exhibit by the headquarters of an Italian national bank as a Telethon initiative, in order to collect funds for the research against

That's a pretty impressive way to show modeling to the public.

More power to you.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72