Lighting a Star Trek Model

Where would one place the LED's on an Enterprise Model? I'm using the Polar Lights eddition.
Thanks
RSC
www.schmooseme.com

There are many on-line discussions on building and lighting the various Trek models. The only one I've ever lit was the Runabout, though.
cd
--
The difference between immorality and immortality is "T". I like Earl
Grey.

You might try <http://starshipmodeler.com/tech/techmain.htm Scroll down to "Lighting and Electronics"
--
Evolution can be mean: There's no "dumb-ass" vaccine. -- Jimmy Buffett

On Mon, 25 Dec 2006 11:56:41 -0600, CortxVortx

The PL Enterprise (Bakula as Archer) is a large scale model,alot of clear parts,but no wiring for lighting,very stupid PL.
: : The PL Enterprise (Bakula as Archer) is a large scale model,alot of : clear parts,but no wiring for lighting,very stupid PL. :     I get the impression that if it came with lights and sounds, and cost $450.00, you'd be whining about that.
    Instead, it costs $50.00, is well engineered and fits well. Lights and sounds are your option.
                            Bruce
"I like bad!" Bruce Burden Austin, TX.
On 27 Dec 2006 03:33:38 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@realtime.net (Bruce Burden) wrote:

Sounds like you're the whiner.All I was saying for a model thast large,the lighting should of been in cluded,& why would a model cost $450.00?
Check it out, I dropped the lighting idea. Way too much work anyway. I'm not going to marry the thing, just destory a few borg.....
See pictures:
http://www.schmooseme.com/Startrek.htm
RSC
51g2000cwl.googlegroups.com:

The link timed out, but that's no difference - Borg are like Doritos: they just make more!
cd
--
The difference between immorality and immortality is "T". I like Earl
Grey.

The problem is that he put a bunch of large photos on each page, and used HTML tags to tell the web browser how big to display them. It makes the pics look small on the screen, but they're still the full-size files and they take a long time to download.
You can click your browser's "stop" button, then load the photos one at a time by right-clicking on a photo and selecting 'Load Image' (or your broswer's equivalent command). Just make sure one photo finishes loading before you tell it to fetch the next one.
RSC, your web pages would load a lot faster if you shrink the photos with a graphics program, and use those as the pics on your web pages. You can then make each of those small pics a link to the corresponding full-size picture.

It looks mroe like it was just busy that time. Tonight it loaded relatively fast. Having a fast connection here (about 5 MB/sec), most of the waiting any more is at the other end of the connection.
cd
--
The difference between immorality and immortality is "T". I like Earl
Grey.

Thanks for the advice on the photos. I made a change and thumbnailed all the pictures. Sorry to say I'm hosting at home with a 768k DSL and a port redirect from noip.com. All in all, the sites not that slow except for when I messed up with the pictures.
I'm 95% done with the model now, I'll put a link to the last page on my home page so people won't have to click through the 4 other pages. It should be posted sometime this week. I could'nt find pictues like this on the web, so maybe I stumbled upon something. My pop's doing a space shuttle, I might just cover that one too.
www.schmooseme.com
RSC
: On 27 Dec 2006 03:33:38 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@realtime.net (Bruce Burden) : wrote: : :> I get the impression that if it came with lights and :> sounds, and cost $450.00, you'd be whining about that. :> : Sounds like you're the whiner. :     Feeble. : :                 All I was saying for a model thast : large,the lighting should of been in cluded,& why would a model cost : $450.00? :     Because that is the price of the Bandai Space Battleship Yamato. It too is in 1/350 scale, like the PL Enterprise. It comes with lights. It comes with sounds. It comes with motion.