Lighting a Star Trek Model

Where would one place the LED's on an Enterprise Model? I'm using the
Polar Lights eddition.
Thanks
RSC

RSC
"RSC" wrote in news:1166995867.505278.220830 @n51g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:
There are many on-line discussions on building and lighting the various Trek models. The only one I've ever lit was the Runabout, though.
cd
Reply to
Carl Dershem
"RSC" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@n51g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:
You might try Scroll down to "Lighting and Electronics"
Reply to
CortxVortx
"Lighting and
The PL Enterprise (Bakula as Archer) is a large scale model,alot of clear parts,but no wiring for lighting,very stupid PL.
Reply to
teem
: : The PL Enterprise (Bakula as Archer) is a large scale model,alot of : clear parts,but no wiring for lighting,very stupid PL. : I get the impression that if it came with lights and sounds, and cost $450.00, you'd be whining about that.
Instead, it costs $50.00, is well engineered and fits well. Lights and sounds are your option.
Bruce
Reply to
Bruce Burden
Sounds like you're the whiner.All I was saying for a model thast large,the lighting should of been in cluded,& why would a model cost $450.00?
Reply to
teem
Check it out, I dropped the lighting idea. Way too much work anyway. I'm not going to marry the thing, just destory a few borg.....
See pictures:

RSC
Reply to
RSC
"RSC" wrote in news:1168132441.047543.158010@ 51g2000cwl.googlegroups.com:
The link timed out, but that's no difference - Borg are like Doritos: they just make more!
cd
Reply to
Carl Dershem
The problem is that he put a bunch of large photos on each page, and used HTML tags to tell the web browser how big to display them. It makes the pics look small on the screen, but they're still the full-size files and they take a long time to download.
You can click your browser's "stop" button, then load the photos one at a time by right-clicking on a photo and selecting 'Load Image' (or your broswer's equivalent command). Just make sure one photo finishes loading before you tell it to fetch the next one.
RSC, your web pages would load a lot faster if you shrink the photos with a graphics program, and use those as the pics on your web pages. You can then make each of those small pics a link to the corresponding full-size picture.
Reply to
Wayne C. Morris
"Wayne C. Morris" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@shawnews.wp.shawcable.net:
It looks mroe like it was just busy that time. Tonight it loaded relatively fast. Having a fast connection here (about 5 MB/sec), most of the waiting any more is at the other end of the connection.
cd
Reply to
Carl Dershem
: : :> I get the impression that if it came with lights and :> sounds, and cost $450.00, you'd be whining about that. :> : Sounds like you're the whiner. : Feeble. : : All I was saying for a model thast : large,the lighting should of been in cluded,& why would a model cost : $450.00? : Because that is the price of the Bandai Space Battleship Yamato. It too is in 1/350 scale, like the PL Enterprise. It comes with lights. It comes with sounds. It comes with motion.
Bruce
Reply to
Bruce Burden
Thanks for the advice on the photos. I made a change and thumbnailed all the pictures. Sorry to say I'm hosting at home with a 768k DSL and a port redirect from noip.com. All in all, the sites not that slow except for when I messed up with the pictures.
I'm 95% done with the model now, I'll put a link to the last page on my home page so people won't have to click through the 4 other pages. It should be posted sometime this week. I could'nt find pictues like this on the web, so maybe I stumbled upon something. My pop's doing a space shuttle, I might just cover that one too.

RSC
Reply to
RSC