Star Trek U.S.S. Enterprise reissue kit.

Man I was jumping for joy for what I done.
I did some kitbashing with it and I just learned this so everyone can learn
what I have done. So I just pass this along to you folks.
Ok, if any of you has got the reissued U.S.S. Enterprise, let me give you
some heads up. Remember the sensor dish is not accurate at all. But what I
did was put like an additive to it. Remember the Polar Lights 1/1000 scale
Enterprise? Take part number 8 where you can make the Enterprise as the
first and second pilot. Trim and drill the center of number 8 and try to fit
it to the original sensor dish. If all possible, make number 8 part flushed
with the sensor.
There you have it....
Now, I did something else as well. I got 1 kit of the old AMT Enterprise and
I was wondering if I could make it the First Pilot version.
And I did. Take part 28 from the PL versionof the Enterprise. Trim all
excess pieces around it and the bottom. Sand it smooth. Then put it on the
bridge of the AMT kit. Voila!
HTH...
Reply to
William L. Powell
I guess my memory has faded about what a bitch this model is to build. How anyone is supposed to get the engineering sections together with a smooth seam is beyond me. I could not do it in 1975 and still cannot do it today. A few locator pins would have helped. Also there is a half inch hole in the vertical side of the saucer. Easy to fix with sheet styrene, but I have never encountered such a flaw before. And stupid me has on backorder the tin box version too! Just a damn stupid modeler who in 30-40 plus years of building, still can't get it together...
Craig
Reply to
Musicman59
: : I guess my memory has faded about what a bitch this model is to build. : How anyone is supposed to get the engineering sections together with a : smooth seam is beyond me. : It sounds like some 0.080 plastic bulkheads are in order.
I am still waiting for TOS Enterprise to be done in 1/350. Why did Polar Lights have to choose the refit Enterprise? And why did Racing Chumps have to buy them?
Bruce
Reply to
Bruce Burden
I go to towerhobbies.com all the time now. they have lots of $10 off $50 email offers and usually have a $15 off $75 permanently on the model section of their website. If you are near their Reno shipping area, you get your stuff in one day.... check them out.
Craig
Reply to
Musicman59
Somewhat. Monogram did them and they weren't out all that long. IIRC, they didn't sell like hotcakes when they were out.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Reply to
Mad-Modeller
It was released twice, first as Monogram kit #3604, and then as Revell Monogram kit #3612. The latter was a limited release of 20,000 and had some bonus features: a collectible pin, shuttlecraft, shuttle bay interior, larger & better-quality decal sheet, and detailed instructions with tips on puttying & painting.
Reply to
Wayne C. Morris

Site Timeline