Kit repop?

Heya Kids!

Was surfin' teh Ebay and found this kit listed:

Looks to be the ancient Revell/Aurora release. I'm interested in it more as far as the decals go. I'd be willing to pay for a repop of a crappy kit (yeah, the only one available though.) as long as the decals were decent. From the box cover they look okay.

Anyone run into this bad boy as of yet? Thanks in advance!

Reply to
hill4448

The Revell and Aurora kits were quite different -- do you like rivets (Revell) or no rivets (Aurora)?

The Revell one came with a medical pod and a 105mm howitzer, not sure what the Aurora one had other than the pod.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

i believe this skycrane kit is not hopeless. if i remember correctly, you can make it into a decent model. if you're kinda nuts and willing to spend time on a bash to get what you want, you can make all the ar 234 versuchs varietys. the only really hard part is making the engines look right. by the ime you've done modding and making, even they will bend to the lash. love them dollar kits to play with.

Reply to
someone

well for sure I would not pay $11.00 to ship that small 1/72 box....

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

It's not a small box. I had one of those on sale when Sikorsky's legal jerks had it quashed. I did re-list it several times under other titles and eventually sold it but I lost bucks on it. It went for less than I paid for it 30 years before.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

don't forget to triple the difference to count in inflation.

Reply to
someone

$11.00 to ship that small 1/72 box....

Thanks for making me feel better about it. ;Þ

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

yeah, it cheered me right up.