HA HA Sikorsky!!!

I sold the helicopter kit on E-bay!!!! Nya, Nya, Nya, Nyaaaaa!!

Bill Banaszak, MFE

:) :) :)

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

You go Bill!

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Did you send Sikorsky their royalties??

Reply to
Val Kraut

ONYA BILL!! Score one for the little guys!

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Can someone give me the abriged version of what this Sikorsky thing is all about? I've heard references to it, and am under the impression that Sikorski threatened legal action against those using its corporate name for Ebay auctions (???)

Reply to
Pauli G

Make sure you aren't being followed now by men in pin stripe suits. Homeland Security and all...

And congratulations!

Craig

Reply to
who me?

That's essentially it, yes. If you're interested, the post that brought it to everyone's attention can be found here:

I think it's a silly position for Sikorsky to take, but I don't live in the USA so there might be some nuance that I'm missing...

Reply to
Rob Kelk

Part of their action was because it used their name and was an unlicensed product.

Tom

Reply to
Tom H

"First, kill all the lawyers".

Except mine, of course. :-)

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Bill...is that the sound of black helicopters inbound that you hear??????

Watch out for yourself.

Nat

Reply to
Richa5011

watch out,.it was a helicopter that got the HAMAS leaders

Reply to
RLGIRSCH

Bill Banaszak wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net:

I just bought 2. And there are 44 listed as I type this. Go figure.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

the cocaine helicopters took my tinfoil hat and i can't get wplj any more.

(a free nickel to whoever gets all 3 references)

todd rungren,........john sebastian, or wavy gravy

Reply to
RLGIRSCH

Sounds reasonable BUT I didn't use their name and others selling the same kit and using the Sikorsky name have not heard from the landshark. Highly illogical! First time out when I ran into trouble I had the kit listed as "1/72 Skycrane Helicopter Kit by Revell GmbH". This last time I listed it as "1/72 CH-53A Army Helicopter Kit by Revell". If Skycrane was the problem I can find many magazine articles referring to the helicopter that way. Also I have some pics from the Australian government that were posted on a.b.p.av. with that name in the title.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

wrong, wrong and wrong. good effort.

hmmm, 70's vibe, Little Feat, National Lampoon talking about such a chapeau to prevent absorbing moon rock radiation, Reuben and the Jets sang about "White port and lemon juice, sure tastes good to me." Probably some east coasts oldies station

Reply to
Jarold Young

Couldn't be - all Black Helos are stealthed...

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

partial credit for one. reuben and the jets were of course the mothers of invention.....