Sikorsky thoughts

Maybe you could advertise as Westland S61 etc

The Brits aren't as anal

Ian

Reply to
IanDTurner

Would work if the Brits had purchased a couple of Skyhooks. At the same time, I have three Wessex that I can't seem to give away on E-bay.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Why not try Julesbay, no listing fee and no commision!

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

Why, Jules, is this a solicitation to purchase? :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Love the Wessex........Not our Duke of Wessex of course, but the flying kind.

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

They are kind of neat even if they originated with the Unohoo Pinwheel company. I have two Matchbox and one Frog.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

I'd strongly recommend the Italeri Wessex too - great detailing, and capture of the character. Chek.

Reply to
Chek

Yup i got the Mbox, the Revell kit is OOP, but i picked up a 2nd recently from here, so stopped on the Mbox kit, maybe not let it goto waist tho. Differant leagues.

Whats the Frog like?

BTw i used Modeldecal decals, fantastic, and the 4+ book, which shows that Mdecal made a mistake, they say either use a red or black round decal around exhaust but the book markings of that actual helo showed it was the other, but then markings etc varied on each one it seems.

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

Yes i built the HU5 yellow rescue, and i got a 2nd(from a US seller here who DOES ship overseas) the Revell HAS3? other version, have a couple of resin and etch sets, kit looks good without, gave me lots of pleasure. Model decal do a lot of sheets, super duper

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

I haven't seen the Modeldecal sheet myself but I'm surprised they got something wrong. The Frog kit is fairly good considering how old it is but it doesn't have the details that Matchbox put in theirs. One of the markings choices is similar to M-box's and you have a choice of two Marks, 1 (FAA) & 31 (RAN). The one I have is moulded in a medium dark grey and the detailling is by fine raised lines. The cockpit is a wall, floor, two seats and pilots. Oh yeah, there's a bright green stand, too. :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Did you see the images i had on the binary site many moons ago, was also on ARC of my yellow SAR.

I have a resin set to do a commando with rockets etc, and one for the sub hunter, nice detail but poor placment sheets, and i cant find any good interior images.

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

Maybe, maybe not. It doesn't quite ring a bell but then I've had fun with Netscape earlier this year and might have missed it.

I seem to recall a Wessex article somewhere within the past year or two. I wonder if I got around to indexing it?

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

will see if there still stored on one of the puters, i couldnt find anything thin enough to make the long ariels from.

would be interesting.

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

Being a decal producer myself, I would be willing to bet that Modeldecal are not wrong, just that they made their research at another time than 4+

Aircraft markings change over time, warning labels are added, panels are replaced, decals disappear in the wind, etc...

Sten (who has been accused of similar errors but have the photos to back me up :o) Fly> >

Reply to
Sten

Modeldecal had many options and each varied slightly, just like the images in 4+ book, it was the warning circle around the hot exhaust that on some were balck and others red.

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

Some one introduce this lawyer to Jonesy.

Reply to
Peter Begrhs