Looking for CAD fonts suitable for creating 3d geometry...

I have a need for some fonts that I can import into SolidWorks to use as geometry for cuts and extrudes etc.
If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be really happy!
P.S. I do know of the fonts available in sketches, but they do not serve our purposes as well as I wish. They aren't controllable enough for our needs without way too much work.
I'm after some fonts that I will eventually make into pallete feature cuts and extrudes, with a draft angle, as they might be used for a punch.
--Matt Schroeder
try this,
http://simplythebest.net/fonts/fonts/billiekid.html
Unzip the file (BTW, after I posted, I checked the billiekid font by writing an "h" and the font had an open sketch, so it didn't extrude. Go to that website and pick another, I found "Export Stencil" to work)
Anyway, unzip the file to a temp directory, and highlight the file, then Ctrl C (copy the file)
Then start the Windows Control Panel
Hit the "Font" icon
Then paste the font into that directory. That's the way it is in XP and I just checked here at work and it seems the same way in Win 2000 pro.
http://simplythebest.net/fonts/fonts/billiekid.html
After digging around on that Web site I found the font that Navy Diver is talking about. It's "Stencil Export", not "Export Stencil". You won't find it under "E" or "S", but only by searching explicitly or going to the "Stencil Fonts" section.
'Spork'
Navy Diver wrote:

try to "Dissolve" the text before extruding, you'll get much better results with some fonts
Philippe Guglielmetti - www.dynabits.com
Thanks for asking the question about fonts as the other guys who posted brought up things I have not known about. That is the great thing about this newsgroup.
I have used several fonts in SolidWorks for injection molds to have engraving cut direct from a CNC's cutter, either in electrodes or in metal cavities.
I wound up picking standard TrueType "Rounded" poster or display type fonts which have bold enough characters to be easily engravable with a round cutter for my uses. I have only used them on flat surfaces using SWks standard Text feature and then used 5-20 degree draft angle depending on what look I like.
I have used VAGRounded BT for a lot of my work, though ArialRounded MT is a similar thinner stroke font. Something called Plump is one I tried once.
If anyone knows what the font is that LifeSaver advertisements used about a year ago, I'ld like to know so I could get that font as it would engrave very easily and still look fairly good.
Bo Clawson snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net