edit a line of text to narrow it

I have been away from autocad for a while. I am working on Autocad 04. I am trying to remember how to narrow up, i.e. the width of a line
of text to fit into a column. I think there is more than one way to do this. I am after the simple way if possible. Any help is much appreciated.

Acad is terrible at handling text. The simple way is to use mtext, and grip stretch it.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca

Wow. Never knew that existed.

Type a document in MS Word Open Autocad drawing Select all text in Word document (Ctl-A) Pick an insertion point BAM! There it is. Big, small or in-between matters not. The entire file is inserted like an x-ref. Every time you open your drawing the inserted Word file updates (an option that can be toggled off). Also, you can choose to update at any time you have made document changes. You can control font & font size, column height, column width, etc & you can change any/all as you desire directly in the dwg. When pleased with the document you can elect to "bind" it by exploding. Terry Dotson has some wonderful add-ons. I am a dedicated ToolPac user.

I meant TEXTFIT not Terry's stuff.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca

Pardon me, but I was the one who didn't know about it after 15 years of acad. That's my egg!

Don't feel too bad, I just discovered (accidently) that you can fillet parallel lines regardless of the radius currently "active". Invoke the command, select the parallel lines & it is done. For what it is worth - there are hundreds of additional functions AutoCAD performs of which I am clueless. Guess I am to busy using the product to learn it.

That one you generally "learn" by mistake...