Plots getting "clipped" by CalComp TechJet Designer

I've installed a CalComp TechJet Designer 5436 and all "test prints" and plots from AutoCAD get inexplicably "clipped" several seconds into
the plot. Unfortunately, I have no manual to reference and all info I've found on the web is general. Can anyone give me specific information for this plotter -- or family of plotters? I'd really appreciate any hints/tips, as I've been pulling my hair out for 9 hours today trying everything I can think of (and a LOT of hit-or-miss experimenting, too).
Yes, I'm stubborn.
ANYONE??? Thanks!