Cosmos Designer Error

Has anybody else, that is using Cosmos Designer, seen this error message pop up?

PCG iterative solver stopped Status Code:6 INSUFFICIENT_MEMORY

No result saved

I've never had it pop up before. You would thinking having 2Gb of memory would be enough to NOT have this happen.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Charney

Sure have seen it. How big is your model in terms of nodes and elements? Can you post a picture of the mesh?

TOP

Reply to
TOP

Total number of nodes = 98630 Total number of elements = 61247

Richard

Reply to
Richard Charney

A GAK?

What's that?

Reply to
Richard Charney

I took someone elses suggestion and removed all the small fillets and rounds that aren't needed and now I'm getting a different problem.

Something called STAR crashes and then I get an error box saying;

ID array file (.IDA) missing

Now I'm even more lost than I was before.

Reply to
Richard Charney

I wouldn't necessarily call that an extraordinarily large model. What kind of analysis are you trying to run?

Try putting all your internal fillets back in, leave out external or cosmetic (unless cosmetic is internal [re-entrant corner]), remesh and try again.

Not sure what a status code 6 or STAR is, but I'm guessing you've set up something thats not converging, the solution is going "out of core" and you probably don't have alot of free space on your drive.

Reply to
post