Mold Flow User?

Are users of SolidWorks happy with the Mold Flow product's usability with SolidWorks?

I would hope the AutoDesk acquisition of MoldFlow is not going to make any difference in the product's usability with SolidWorks, but must admit the aquisition is a surprise.

Bo

Reply to
Bo

We're pretty happy. The SW to MoldFlow interface adds a bit of cost and isn't a particularly good integration, but it does seem to do a better job of generating the .stl files than if we just export .stl from SW. Sometimes it isn't able to generate an error-free model, but I've never had it fail to run an analysis or give us obviously bad results.

We have just the basic Plastics Advisor. A lot of the time it will tell us that the part is too chunky for the 2.5D analysis and we should run the full

3D analysis. The results still seem reasonable and the 3D software is much more expensive, so I haven't tried to get management to buy it.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Jerry Steiger

Reply to
Jerry Steiger

Thanks for the comments Jerry.

I suspect the entry level product will do me just fine, though I haven't looked at all the bells and whistles spec sheets in detail, nor contacted the local reps.

Bo

Reply to
Bo