What's the deal on user-contributed models?

As I contiue to check out Solidworks, I seem to keep finding issues that irritate me about subscription service. It seems that they ask users to contribute freely to a library of models, but then charge users to access it.

First, I should ask you users to verify this. If it were true, I don't think I could contribute as a matter of principle. Are there any other sites known for hosting user-contributed SW models?

I guess this message is starting to show that I am leaning towards buying Solidworks. I haven't even got the program yet, but am ready to start a revolt! I must have developed the attitude from my career using Autodesk products.

Joe Dunfee

Reply to
Smiley