COSMOSWorks Designer

I hope this is going to be part of SW Office for no extra cost for the maintenance subscribers.

V.M. snipped-for-privacy@vm-designing.com

"CONCORD, Massachusetts, February 24, 2004 - SolidWorks Corporation today released COSMOSWorks Designer, an analysis application that gives engineers sophisticated yet easy-to-use tools for increasing efficiency by validating or comparing designs early in the design cycle.

COSMOSWorks Designer is aimed at the growing number of engineers who find themselves performing dual roles of design and engineering. It helps them gain confidence in their designs by providing a second opinion against which to test their instincts or hand calculations. In price and functionality, COSMOSWorks Designer sits between COSMOSXpress, a quick design validation tool integrated with SolidWorks 3D mechanical design software, and COSMOSWorks Professional design analysis application.

"Our research has shown that there is significant benefit from simulating real-world conditions and testing multiple scenarios earlier in the product design process," said Tim Hickey, managing editor at market research and technology assessment firm Daratech. "SolidWorks was one of the first value-priced modeling tools to make analytical capabilities available to designers when it embedded COSMOSXpress into SolidWorks, allowing non-experts to derive the benefits of analysis software. COSMOSWorks Designer takes this functionality to the next level, enabling users to virtually test and analyze more aspects of their product's use."

COSMOSWorks Designer enables engineers to perform stress and displacement analysis on SolidWorks models. Among COSMOSWorks Designer's key capabilities are analyzing how assembly components may come in contact and deform due to operating conditions. It also allows users to simulate all types of operating environments, such as pin connections, bolted connections, springs, weight requirements, and to study design performance under these conditions.

COSMOSWorks Designer also has a feature called "Design Scenarios" to help engineers compare different design options. Tools such as HTML reports, animations, and eDrawings files help communicate analysis results to team members."

Reply to
vm

Sporkman

Yes, I understand that, but that's what we should usk us them to do. For the big bucks we pay for subscription, we deserve this module implemented on SW Office. CosmosXpres it's been a start, but they have to understand that if they don't give us a real validation tool to work with assemblies, then they are wasting money developing CosmosXpres only for parts, that's a joke.