Cosmosworks Designer + rivet connectors . Help!

I'm just starting to use "Cosmosworks Designer and I'm having a problem. When selecting connectors the only options available appear to be bolts. How can I do an analysis with riveted joints. The rivets have an aluminum body. They are a "pop type"rivet where the internal steel mandrel is left inside the rivet when it's installed." Do I select a bolt that has its characteristics close to the rivet's yield and shear strength then specify the contact areas under the head and estimate the contact area under the flared end of the rivet? I hate to assume the characteristics of the rivet because these items may in fact be the most highly stressed parts in the assembly.

Thanks

Dal Wagner

Reply to
Dal Wagner

Since CW Designer is a SolidWorks product, you might have some luck posting to comp.cad.solidworks.

Art W.

Reply to
Art Woodbury

Get a copy of MMPDS1 (used to be called MIL-HDBK-5). It has the true characteristics of an enourmous number of different kinds of rivets (along with lots of other useful data).

A free version of MIL-HDBK-5 is available on the web here:

Tom.

Reply to
Tom Sanderson