Cosmosworks 2004 Pin Connectors

Hi all,

I posted this question before, but somehow, it got lost.

I am running Solidworks 2004 with CosmosWorks 2004 for a couple of days now. One of the things I have been waiting for was the new connector option under force/restraints in this new release.

The rigid connector works very fine, but I'm having problems with the Pin connector. This option makes it possible to simulate pins in hinge situation without drawing them. I early releases of CosmosWorks we simulated pins, by drawing a pin and using the node-to-node contact pairs between the pin and other parts. The pin connector option works fine, but the stress results around the pins is not right. It looks like the pin connectors only aply a bonded contactpair between the pin and the hole, so the pin pulls at the whole circumference of the hole.

Has anyone been working with the pin connectors and found a way to compete with this situation?

Reply to
Bas Derkink