Cosmosworks

I posted earlier my Toshiba Satellite Pro 6100 having problems running SW2005. It would crash whenever I "save as" a part to a different format. Thanks to Jim Zink at Symmetry Solutions, Inc.

whom advised me to select "opengGL" in options/performance now it works.

But I need to qualify it. In my previous XP screen setting it wa 32 bit high resolution video. In that setting the "openGL" box was greyed out and checked. So there was nothing I can do. I changed the screen setting to 16 bit high resolution. After doing that I can now check the "openGL" box so the SW2005 crashing upon "saveas" is no more.

Now the SW2005 seems to be working. There is a second problem. I installed cosmoswork. But it does not appear in the add-in menu. Can anyone help?

Reply to
yaofengchen

On previous versions of C'works you had to manually move the files cosworks.40 and coswres.40 (the 40 may change with the version) into the main Solidworks folder. You also had to set a path in the environment table that pointed to the C'works install folder in order for the material list to show (inside C'works).

Gary

Reply to
Gary Knutson