Corridor connectors

Evening group.

Anyone know of a supplier of corridor connectors for N gauge stock?

TIA

UncleWobbly

I have just published my first set of photos on my new Fotopic site at the following address

Check them out and match to the following. Hope this helps but if its still difficult to follow, mail again.

Measure the outside dimensions of the corridor connection and cut a strip of thin card. I think the card is 120gr but the code is Daler - Rowney 15223. Canford Paper.

Cut a strip as long as you like with the width the same as the height of the connector. Mark off the strip across the width with a set square at intervals equal to the width you want the connector to finish up with.

Then also mark across the width, half way between each of the first marks. I use a hard very sharp pencil.

Now fold the strip into a concertina along the ORIGINAL set of marks.

With a bit of trial and error you will need to find how many folds you need to bridge to gat between you coaches. Bearing in mind that there will be one connector on each coach end, thus making two per connection. This works because they slide side to side against each other.

For my close coupled Bachmann Mk1s I have found that each connector is made up of 2 sets of 5 'panels' from the folded concertina. (Add your own numbers of panels where necessary).

So cut the concertina strip into 5 'panel' pieces. Now slit down the centreline of each panel (using that second set of marks) from top to just past half way.

Take two of these pieces and interlock them. Check out the photos.

Once they are interlocked and in line glue a new piece of thicker card, say

180 gr on each end. Now shape the whole thing with a sharp craft knife. I use a scalple.

I use PVA all round.

If you want to restrict the length that the connector expands, for instance on the end of a rake of coaches, embed black thread under the end pieces as in the pictures.

Hope this helps.

If you are into modern stock you may want grey card etc.

Mail me for for explanation if you need to.

David Smith Copthorne, West Sussex. UK

Reply to David.AS @ Copthorne.freeserve.co.uk (but loose the spaces).

Reply to
D A Smith

Superb! Thanks for taking the time to share.

Pete

Reply to
mutley