2mm brick papers

Hi,

Does anyone know if brick papers can be obtained in N gauge ?

If so can someone point me in the right direction. Most of my searches come up with 4mm scale or larger :(

Cheers

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm

Google is your friend

Reply to
mindesign

Malcolm

checked a model shop today - VOLLMER makes 2mm brick papers

mindesign

Paint shop pro Has a bigger range

Reply to
Trev

Thanks, I was cruious about that myself.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

FWIW I have made some in N. I took a photo of brickwork to get the shading - greyscale the photo then cut and paste to make a suitably large blotch. Make a 'brickwork' grid (if you made it black lines on white you need to 'negative' the image to get the white grid) and 'flood-fill' a new picture of the same size as the brickwork blotch. On the grid set the background colour (the black) as the transparent colour, select all, copy, alt-tab to the brickwork and ctrl-e to paste. This puts a brickwork grid in white over the grey pattern of the brickwork. Print this on a laser printer, gives you a shaded sheet. Wash over with suitable water colours (burnt sienna and the like), leave to dry. You now have some very 'wrinkly' brickpaper. When dry place this between two sheets of brown paper and iron it flat. You MUST usuer the brown paper or the toner will melt onto the iron and it is a bugger to get it off again. Worked okay and a lot cheaper than using a colour printer but I only did it because I could not find 2mm/N brickpaper (local shop insisted that 'everyone' uses OO as in N you cannot see the detail.

Reply to
Mike

I don't have that application (yet). I take it that there is a default image of some brickwork that you simply scale and then print off on an inkjet ??

Cheers

Malcolm

kim wrote:

Reply to
Malcolm

Paint Shop Pro is a very good image manipulation program, probably comes with some clip art but I doubt that includes areas of plain brick square on. But the outside world being full of lovely examples of brickwork you just need to use your camera to take pics of those that take your fancy, you can then use PSP to generate correct scale A4 sheets you can print out.

Keith

Reply to
Keith

"Keith" wrote Paint Shop Pro is a very good image manipulation program, probably comes with some clip art but I doubt that includes areas of plain brick square on. But the outside world being full of lovely examples of brickwork you just need to use your camera to take pics of those that take your fancy, you can then use PSP to generate correct scale A4 sheets you can print out.

Keith

I've not been following this thread, but for some reason I chose to look at your post Keith, I'm running PSP 7 and can confirm there are 2 jpg files of brickwork that would look very convincing. There is also woodwork, chequer plate and tarmac !

If anyone wants to e-mail me for the files, let me know .

I'm spam trapped on here so you will need to try andy at cvmrd dot freeserve dot co dot uk.

Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.

Actually it does come with 2 Brick seamless patterns. But alien skin has a brick texture creator that can do English bond too.

The link is to a brown brick running bond 8 x 10.5 inch's if any body wants to print it on plain paper (works well on HP printers) and check for scale. I might add the colour of the mortar changes the overall look of the sheet.

Reply to
Trev

That's excellent - can you provide a link to the software that created that jpg... seems just what I need :-)

Malcolm

Trev wrote:

Reply to
Malcolm

its not cheap if this is all you want it for

candy 5 textures

There can not be that many variations needed so If you send me a sample or samples for colour match I will try to make one for you. remove the DOT from my addy and add a . and the same with the AT

Reply to
Trev

Actually that red brick is just what I was looking for... now need to replace the cartridge on the printer... it run out after printing 1cm of the image :-(

Thanks, if I need any variation I'll take up your offer and drop you an e-mail

Regards

Malcolm

Trev wrote:

Reply to
Malcolm

Trev,

I know its late, but I can't see an e-mail addy in your post to alter - could you drop me an e-mail as I have a couple of questions and I want to send a sample image that you might be able to work with ?

Cheers

Malcolm

Trev wrote:

Reply to
Malcolm

taking a pic of a brick wall wont work properly due to lens distortion - I just bought some brick paper and scanned it - then resized/reshaded/recoloured it using Photoshop

Being a graphic designer has some advantages

Reply to
mindesign