Board to wire connectors

Hi,

Can anyone point me to a cheap supplier of board to wire connectors who also supply the correct crimping tool?

Thanks

Gareth

Reply to
Gareth Adams

Sorry, should have pointed out - in the UK.

Reply to
Gareth Adams

Reply to
Vilas Kumar Chitrakaran

[in the UK]

I spent ages looking for the 'correct' tool in your situation a while ago. For some reason, stamping "Molex" on the side of one pushes the price to £150. Eventually, in the face of no easy-to-find information, I took a chance and went for a generic crimp tool from RS, part no.

210-5012. It works fine with the Harwin M20 connectors I use, and with some servo plugs I bought, and with some different 0.1" crimp terminals I bought elsewhere. So I suspect a generic tool is fine for any crimp terminals around that size.

Rapid Electronics sell the JKY 2500 series polarised 0.1" pitch connectors, and a cheap (£15) generic crimp tool to match. You'll need headers, housings, terminals and a tool. Plus some wire of a suitable gauge, if you don't have any already.

Look under Connectors > Multipole > 2.54mm PCB

Tim

Reply to
Tim Auton

Thanks.

Unfortuanately in the UK digikey charge £10 handling fee for orders below £75 and tend to deal in much larger quantities than I want.

Gareth

Reply to
Gareth Adams

Hi Gareth - I saw your message that you're in the UK, but I'm going to reccomend an American company anyways. Check with Hansen Hobbies

Their connectors are very inexpensive, and they sell a very nice matching crimper that is also fairly inexpensive. They ship to the UK.

-Mike

Reply to
Michael J. Noone