PIC Controllers - Using Pic Basic pbc compiler

I'm building an automated tracking system using a 16F628A processor but struggling with new software basic compiler.

Anyone used this type of PIC or 16F84A with a basic compiler? Want to avoid assembler as it's very slow stuff to write and awful to maintain when the code is more than a couple of years old! (My memory is the problem! *LOL*)

Tim

Reply to
Tim Moore

I think there's newsgroup for PIC basic, or you might consider using JAL instead of Basic. (I've used Basic but switched to JAL). Stef Mientki

Reply to
Stef Mientki

JAL? Does it run in windows or is it Dos only?

Have you any soyrce files?

Does it support 16F628 ? : )

Tim

Reply to
Tim Moore

try google "JAL PIC" ;-)

Does it run in windows or is it Dos only? The compiler is a commandline compiler (win32 dos window), but there are several IDEs (Integrated Development Environments), which encapsulates editor, compiler and much ... much more.

a few hundred

Yes, all 16F types and some more

Stef Mientki

Reply to