Basic for PIC?

Hi, I just received a pic programmer from a friend, but rather than learn pic assembly, I'm hoping there is a free pic basic compiler our interpreter
out there. picBasic compiler looks nice, but unfortunately it's out of my price range :( Any ideas?
Thanks in advance, -tom

interpreter
XCSB is an optimising structured PIC BASIC compiler. It supports 8, 16 and 32 bit integer and 32 floating point, also it has multitasking, pointers, arrays, user functions (including inline). More information and download from http://www.xcprod.com/titan/XCSB
Regards Sergio Masci
Hi Jonathan,
This is not true. You CAN run XCSB on both Win98 and XP.
If you want to use it with an IDE have a look at Stef Mientki's JALcc http://oase.uci.kun.nl/~mientki/PIC/Pic_frame.htm
I prefer to use it with Linux and various other tools.
Regards Sergio Masci

of
and
pointers,

Nice work Sergio! I'm downloading it now, thanks!
-tom