PIC12 Compiler

Hi,

I'm looking for a free Basic/C/C++/asm compiler for Linux or Mac OS X that can generate code for the PIC12F675. Currently I'm using VirtualPC to run Microchip's software, but it doesn't work well and there are connection issues with the programmer.

Any ideas?

- Carson Baker snipped-for-privacy@trinity.edu

Reply to
Carson Baker

Many 12 series PICs have a 12 bit core (e.g. 12C508). The 12F765 has a 14 bit core (used by most 16 series PICs). Try compilers for the 16 series (e.g. 16F628).

The XCSB compiler will generate optimised machine code for the 16 series PICs but does not have a config for the 12F765 (you would have to generate one yourself). XCSB runs on MS Windows and Linux. The LITE version is free for personal non-commercial use. You can get XCSB from

Regards Sergio Masci

- optimising structured PIC BASIC compiler

Reply to
Sergio Masci