how to supply/control more current with I/O pin (Parralax Basic Stamp2)

Hi,
We want to control the movement of thick Flexinol wires with our Parralax BASIC Stamp2 Homework Board.We learned that the Homework
Board can provide upto about 37mA @ 5V.The wire that we are using requires about 1750mA to a\be activated. It works fine even with 1.5V batteries.
We want to know how to supply/control more current with I/O pin.
Thank you in advance.
Hi Soo-in, what you need to do is use a transistor to drive the device. Here is a sample web site that gives you the idea, google transistor switch for more information.
http://www.inform.umd.edu/EdRes/Topic/Chemistry/ChemConference/Software/ElectroSim/relay.html
hope this helps
Alan