How to compute the sensing resistor for an L298?

If you don't want to use them, tie them to straight ground. They are only there to turn amps into volts so you can track the current.

best regards

Robin G Hewitt

Reply to
Robin G Hewitt

Can anyone tell me how to compute the value of the sensing resistor for pins 1 and 15 on an L298 dual full h-bridge?

I assume I need it, but I do not care to use the sensing function. Can I tie both 1/15 together?

One last thing, how much power is flowing through this resistor?

Thanks - Marty

Reply to
Marty Vezina