How to model the intial value of a linear system using Simulink?

I have seen more than one examples presented in tutorials to show how to model control system in Simulink, most of which reads as below:

r->sum->PID->system Transfer Fcn->y | | -----------------------------------------------

But since transfer function assumes that the initial value in systems should be zero, how can I model a system with intial values together with the transfer function in Simulink?

for example, I have a state-space model like below:

x' = A*x + B*u y = Cu

assuming it is a SISO system, and x(0) should be considered, after I use the ss2tf() function to transform it into a transfer function, then how can I include the x(0) in the Simulink? Considering a case that there are lots of nonlinear parts in the whole system, a simpler treatment using feedback() or lsim() can't work.

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
workaholic

Why do you need to model it with transfer function? Why do not you just use the block STATE-SPACE in CONTINUOUS library? It accepts x(0) as on of the input arguments.

-- Z.H.

Reply to
Zdenek Hurak

Thanks,I have to get familiar with the blocks in the Simulink!

Reply to
workaholic