Using Laptop as PIC

I am very sorry if this has been asked recently, but I am on dial-up and it has been downloading old posts for 4 hours now.

Can someone give me a link or suggestions on using an old laptop as the PIC? My robot is fairly large so there are no issues with weight or size.

Again I am sorry if this is a redundant post, but google just came up with some projects with no details.

TIA

Jake

Reply to
Jake

By "PIC" I assume you mean the microcontroller. A PIC can do many things that your laptop cannot - PWMs, servo control, sensor interface, etc. The laptop can do many things that a PIC cannot - number crunching, easy user interface, etc. You will most likely use a combination of the two, not one or the other.

BRW

Reply to
Bennet Williams

FYI, "downloading old posts" is not the best way to access usenet archives. Try

It has a complete, searchable archive of nearly all groups, past and present.

Reply to
John Vannoy