Pics and clip of my Project: Beautiful, Highly life-like female android prototype

Just wanted to give y'all a peek at my current project: prototype of a very life-like female android. There are pics, and even a short movie clip of the android speaking. Click the link below to see them. AOL user, copy and paste it into your "Go" box:

I use the latest Hollywood FX techniques, translucent silicone, and novel materials for tactile realism. The goal is a "Madame Tousseau" level of realism. Includes a thermal system that creates convincingly human body warmth. Body movement, facial expressions, and speech. I use real pre-recorded human speech, not the offputting "speak n spell" voice synthesizer approach. It's number 10/701,985 w/the U.S. Patent Office.

I used a combination of DC servos and air muscles. It is powered by internally-contained rechargeable Ni/Cd batteries. The user can recharge the batteries via a small DC-in jack using a common DC wall-adapter. I currently use an internal OOPicR for her "brain". This is the perfect controller for the job: plenty of servo pins, and a diversity of other features. I will be making other styles (other morphologies) mounted on identical robots. Let me know what you think.

Reply to
Nyson

I suppose it was only a matter of time before someone decided the world needed an animatronic "blow-up" doll.

Reply to
Jason Tang

The AVI clip is quite crude, and looks like the mouth is being manually controlled (the camera moves every time the mouth opens). The clip lacks sound.

The patent number you provide is not valid for either an issued patent or a published application.

I am curious if this is a functional prototype as you suggest, or something else. What else do you have that more clearly shows what you've created here?

-- Gordon

Reply to
Gordon McComb

Sorry to have taken a while to get back to you, Gordon. I agree, the clip IS crude, necessarily so: I currently do not have streaming video optimization with my web host company. so I had to keep the file size very low so that non-broadband viewers would be able to download the clip in a tolerable amount of time. I had to keep a very small file size for this clip. In time I may try to pay for a better video-streaming capability for my site, so that I can include a clip with a larger file size.

As far as the patent matter, it sounds like you just did a search on the Patent Office's public website. If you read the disclaimers on the Patent Office's website, they say that database limitations mean that they cannot guarantee a comprehensive search using that method, that you have to do a traditional patent search to know for sure.

I do, in fact, have Patent-Pending status for my invention. That IS the correct application number. My Patent Application has noy been "published", by the Patent Office, yet. They don't just automatically publish your application once they receive it. When an application is still pending processing, it awaits publication. Ask them and they will confirm: at any time, the Patent Office has plenty of assigned applications that have not yet been published. See, the Patent Office is a government dept that still moves remarkably slowly, regardless of computerization. Not that it bothers me. But I applied back in 2003, and it took 2 months even to receive acknowledgement and an application number. My application still is not published, nor approved. But it IS being processed, and it has been assigned that number. It is patent-pending. Of course, you don't have to believe me, I don't care. No big deal.

Thanks for checking out the site, though, and taking the time to comment on it.

Reply to
Nyson

How to convert NiCd power to air muscle power without enormous losses though? Is it too late to change your mind or do you have a cunning plan? My android project began with the knees, I had a notion that if I could figure out the knees the rest would be easy, the face is some considerable way down on my list but I am getting there. I must confess that I bought the robo-girl domain names :o)

I wish you luck.

best regards

Robin G Hewitt

Reply to
Robin G Hewitt

Looks kinda creepy. will she able to make a sandwich?

Reply to
Michael

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Nyson) wrote in news:400d47c6.0408020436.49f7f845 @posting.google.com:

Looks like Valerie:

and Tara:
has got some competiton.

Anyway- wouldn't moving silcone/rubber/plastic gradually wear out over time? (leaving embarrassing holes). I imagine it'll be quite costly to replace the skin every so often.

Reply to
The Hermit